Beginners and Tiny Tots
Seeing as they are the youngest and most vulnerable, the day is started with beginners and tiny tots. Various props are used to help in creating an imaginative and stimulating class.
From the very beginning the young student is introduced to the qualities and professionalism of the art of ballet.
A great amount of dedication and patience is invested into each and every beginner, gradually training their bodies to adapt to the rigors of dance.
The studio offers a special ballet class with a Confidence Programme for students as young as 3 and a half to six years.
By the time students are 7-8 years of age, they are promoted to the Grades.
The grades are introduced to more strenuous allegro work, where the muscles are trained to memorize – this is a true skill.
Once a dance student has progressed to Major work, they become committed to a much greater exercise regime leaving them with a real sense of achievement and skill development. Majors regularly participate in professional productions.
Teaching Venues of Carlani Dance Studio:
- Private Studio and Exam Venue:
Garstfontein Road Extension, Pta. East.
- Primary School Fleur - Lyttelton Manor
- Laerskool Monumentpark
- Laerskool Louis Leipoldt
Your instructors are Lesta Erasmus and Ilani Wessels, both experienced Grade and Major Teachers.
- Both hold Full Membership of the Dance Academy of South Africa (DASA - Classical Ballet).
- Theatre Dance Association (TDA - Classical Ballet and Modern) of which Lesta is the head of the Ballet Department
- Lesta is Chief Dance Adjudicator for National Eisteddfod Academy and Member of the International Dance Council, CID Unesco (Conseil International de la Danse)